Volume 4, Number 6
Pull it Over, Son!
Well, recently, I got pulled over. Generally, I'm pretty polite when this happens.
No need to antagonize the guy, I figure it's just the day I lost. Most times I win,
sometimes they win. Can't be a bad sport about it. I got to spend a lovely day in
traffic school, pay a fine, the usual.
But sometimes, you know, you're just in a bad mood. Or it's a totally bogus thing
that you get pulled over for. Or both. So sometimes (only sometimes, mind you), I
Things Not to Say to a Policeman
- I can't reach my license unless you hold my beer. (OK in Texas)
- Sorry, Officer, I didn't realize my radar detector wasn't plugged in.
- Aren't you the guy from the Village People?
- Hey, you must've been doin' about 125 mph to keep up with me. Good job!
- Are You Andy or Barney?
- I thought you had to be in relatively good physical condition to be a police officer.
- You're not gonna check the trunk, are you?
- I pay your salary!
- Gee, Officer! That's terrific. The last officer only gave me a warning, too!
- Do you know why you pulled me over? Okay, just so one of us does.
- I was trying to keep up with traffic. Yes, I know there are no other cars
around. That's how far ahead of me they are.
- When the Officer says "Gee Son....Your eyes look red, have you been drinking?"
You probably shouldn't respond with, "Gee Officer your eyes look glazed, have
you been eating doughnuts?"